April 29 2020

Week of 04.29.20

Dear Westlake Parents and Guardians:

I can’t believe we are already finishing up the month of April!  The time is going by so quickly!  I’m grateful for our Westlake school community and all the wonderful people (students, staff, and parents) who make every day a joy.  I know things aren’t what we imagined they would be at this time a few weeks ago, but it is important that we try to find the joy in the current situation as best as we can.   Thank you to all of our  parents and guardians for your work in the essential work field and for supporting your children’s education at home.  You all are doing a great job during such a historic and challenging time. 

Digital Family Resources

Check out the following from our library!

Best Family Documentaries by Common Sense Media 

Common Sense Media is a nonprofit resource for families discussing technology and entertainment.  There are libraries of reviews organized by age and content to browse.  Best Documentaries

Recommended Audiobooks by Common Sense Media

There is also a list of audiobooks organized by age from Audible (for free).  Best Free Audiobooks on Audible

Podcasts recommended by Common Sense Media

For something a little different try listening to these podcasts – maybe even during dinner.  Podcasts for Tweens and Teens

Dr. Heide, Principal Westlake Middle School

Posted April 29, 2020 by wlmsad12 in category Weekly Blog Posts