September 1 2019

Week of 09.02.19

Dear Westlake Parents and Guardians:

Raising children is not easy.  I often think about how with my own personal children it isn’t just myself and my husband raising our children.  Our extended family is involved in day to day elements of raising our children such as pick up from school, help with homework, and going to extracurriculars to name a few.  Most of the day our kids spend their time at school with teachers and other educational support staff.  It seems to me, from my personal and professional experience, the best way for us to achieve the desired outcomes for our children is to partner together and work towards the same goals.  At Westlake, we are committed to our relationship with you (parents and guardians) in order to ensure students are being nurtured, cared for, and educated in partnership with you.

As a parent, it can be difficult to find ways to be involved when it feels like our children are pushing away.  There are a number of ways to be involved at Westlake such as getting involved with our PTO or by becoming a Watch DOG (Dads of Great Students).  In fact, this week we are holding our Fall Watch DOGS kick off event.  So, if you’re interested in learning more about becoming a Watch DOG at Westlake join us on Thursday at 5:30pm.  Anyone is welcome to attend this event….you don’t have to be a dad of a student to support our school through Watch DOGS.

Check out this article below from Edutopia that has a variety of resources to support parents in finding ways to partner with the school.  If you have any ideas of how you would like to be involved please let me know!  We welcome your involvement and look forward to continuing our partnership through this school year .

Parent Partnership in Education 

Upcoming Events

Click on each day to reveal the upcoming events.

[wmd-accordion tab_background=”#066196″ tab_color=”#fff” content_background=”#2196d1″ content_color=”#fff” border_radius=”4″ ls-id=”5d6bd8fbedfde”][wmd-accordion-tab title=”Monday”]%3Cul%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3ELabor Day- No School%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3C%2Ful%3E[/wmd-accordion-tab][wmd-accordion-tab title=”Tuesday”]%3Cul%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3EIntramural Soccer %40 3%3A45pm%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3EWEB Meeting %40 3%3A45pm%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3C%2Ful%3E[/wmd-accordion-tab][wmd-accordion-tab title=”Wednesday”]%3Cul%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3EEarly Release Day%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3C%2Ful%3E[/wmd-accordion-tab][wmd-accordion-tab title=”Thursday”]%3Cul%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3ERobotics Club %40 7%3A40am%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3Cli%3EWatch Dogs Fall Kickoff %40 5%3A30pm%3C%2Fli%3E%0D%0A%3C%2Ful%3E[/wmd-accordion-tab][wmd-accordion-tab title=”Friday”/][/wmd-accordion]

Dr. Heide, Principal Westlake Middle School

Posted September 1, 2019 by wlmsad12 in category Weekly Blog Posts