Dear Westlake Parents and Guardians:
The official start of Fall is just a week away! With Fall nearing that also means our first set of Parent Teacher Conferences are also just around the corner. Believe it or not, Parent Teacher Conferences are less than a month away! We will have conferences on October 10th from 4-7 pm and October 11th from 4:30-7:30. Conferences will be arena style in our gym. This means that you will have an opportunity to talk with each of your child’s teachers for about 3-4 minutes. In order to make conferences as efficient as possible for families, we will be having families sign up for half-hour time slots. We will soon be sending out a sign-up for time slots. Please look out for this email. If you need to contact teachers prior to conferences, you are always welcome to email teachers with questions or concerns.
- Drive slowly and stay alert. Please do not begin driving as you are watching your student walk away from your car.
- Pay attention to the crosswalk and traffic monitors and follow all signals. It does take some time to get everyone in to drop off and we all need to be patient.
- Please be kind and respectful by always pulling all the way to the end of the hug and go lane for drop off and always filling in all spaces on both sides of the lane.
- When dropping off on the left side of the hug and go lane, please have students exit your car from the driver’s side door so they are not stepping in front of cars.
- Please do your best to make sure that your student is ready to hop out of the car when you get into the hug and go lane so we can keep traffic moving.
Thank you for your help with keeping student drop off safe and efficient for everyone!
New Health Clerk
This past Friday we said good-bye and wished well to Cheryl Young-Beumer our Health Clerk for many years at Westlake. Cheryl is heading into her retirement and we are so exited to hear about her many adventures in this new phase of life. She will be missed.
Please help me in welcoming our new Health Clerk, Kara Dawdy, to Westlake Middle School! Ms. Dawdy brings with her a wealth of experience in our district and will be a wonderful addition to our school community. She has been briefed in the various needs of our students and if you wish to contact her directly please feel free to e-mail her. Kara.email@example.com
2018-2019 WLMS Check Drive
WLMS PTO Check Drive is off to a great start! So far we have collected $6700 for our school community! Thank you all so much for your support of our school community. This money helps to support efforts to improve and enhance the learning opportunities for students.
In lieu of Read-a-Thon, we will be doing a check drive this fall. 100% of your donation goes to the PTO, directly benefiting WLMS. Donations can be made on-line, via check or cash and are 100% tax deductible. Please request a tax receipt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested amount is $25 per student, but any donation makes a difference!
For each $25 donated, you will get one raffle ticket and can win one of the following prizes: Gift cards, WLMS spirit wear, Grand prize – 3 chromebooks (limit one per family)
Our goal is to raise $10,000! Reaching our goal will help us fund these plus many more school requests:
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Parent Teacher Conference Meals
- Student of the Month Breakfast
- Bully Prevention Luncheon
As a special thank you, families who contribute will get their name on a paper wolverine and displayed near the main office!
Make checks payable to Westlake Middle School PTO, complete the attached form and deliver both to the front office OR complete this on-line Google form and pay via PayPal:
Questions? Please direct them to our PTO email: email@example.com.
For more information on the check drive, visit our website at
Have a wonderful last week of Summer!